Hello everyone! It’s been awhile since I’ve been on wordpress so I’ve missed this lovely nomination by Bailey @thebookstack. I hope you enjoy this post and maybe nominate some people of your own!
What’s the Mystery Blogger Award?
It’s an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion. – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post(s)
Three Things About Me
- I’m under 5 feet tall. I am a very small person. I will never hit my head on things, but I also can’t reach things easily on the top shelf at the grocery store.
- I’m an outdoor education instructor. I work outdoors with kids for about 14 hours a day, five days a week. Which means I work a lot for very little money, but kids are usually pretty great so it’s a weird balance. This blog is definitely a hobby when times allows though.
- My favorite books are the ones that have made me cried. I will never watched and/or read a book that I already know has a sad ending. I read for escapism and crying my eyes out doesn’t really help with that. BUT, when I’m hit unexpectedly there’s just something that just seems to cement my appreciation for the book.
- What book have you been wanting to read, but keep putting off?
I have a whole bookshelf full of books so it’s hard to pick one. Mainly the grisha series I suppose. I’ve read the first book and started the second one, but haven’t made it past that point. I enjoyed it and I would like to finish the series soon.
- Do you dog-ear your pages and write in your books, or do you try to keep them pristine?
I like to keep my books pristine. I hurts me on a deep level to damage my books. I want a huge library one day so falling apart books doesn’t really work well for that dream.
- What do you do when you find yourself in a reading slump?
Honestly, I just stop reading. Reading is something I really enjoy, but when I’ve had enough for the moment I just take a break. Breaks I think are super important and a normal part of life.
- We all know the book is almost always better, but what movie adaptation did you really like?
I love the book The Time Traveler’s Wife and though I think the movie left out a lot I still enjoyed the movie.
- (Bonus funny question) Would you rather fight a 100 duck-sized horses or 1 horse-sized duck?
Definitely 100 duck-sized horses. Ducks at their normally size are aggressive and overwhelming sometimes. I certainly wouldn’t want to fight a horse-sized duck.
- What encouraged you to first start your own blog?
- How do you come up with new ideas?
- Are there any other bloggers that really inspire you?
- What is one of your favorite books and why?
- (Weird/funny) If you were a sandwich what type of sandwich would you be?
Some amazing bloggers I’d like to draw attention too: