Hello everyone! Today I’ve decided to participate in Top Ten Tuesday hosted by The Artsy Reader Girl! I don’t usually participate because I have trouble following prompts, but I found this week’s prompt enjoyable. So, let’s talk about my favorite book couples! Note: This is a fantasy blog and most of these characters will be from fantasy series, but there is at least one couple that I just couldn’t help but add to my list. Also, my main draw to fiction has never been romance so be prepared for light romances with lots of other main plot.
1 Selene and Theo from the Olympus Bound series. In my opinion one of the best couples I’ve ever read. They’re definitely not perfect, but they also recognize that and work on it. There’s a maturity there that I appreciate.
2. Lei and Wren from Girls of Paper and Fire. There’s a sizzle there that just makes me makes me dreamily sigh.
3. Clare and Henry from The Time Traveler’s Wife. It’s been awhile since I’ve read this book, but I still remember it very fondly. Clare and Henry have known each other most of their lives though not in the way you would traditionally assume. Time travel and romance. mmm.
4. Gordo and Mark from Ravensong. They make my heart hurt. They have such a complex history. They’ve really hurt one another, but then they have each other’s backs. So many feels!
5. Jude and Carden from The Wicked King. These two are definitely a guilty pleasure. They’re a complete disaster, but there’s also something there that if they would just give it time I think could grow into something better.
6. Xio Voe and Kudorin from In This Land series. Holy crap, what a power couple! I love all the relationships in this series, but these two are on another level.
7. Lucas and Noah from Strength of the Pack. They’re a solid couple that can literally rely on each other in matter of life and death. military couple.
8. Magnus and Alex from Magnus Chase and The Gods of Asgard. You want love and acceptance? You’ve found it. It’s a light romance. Not the focus, but still definitely worth it.
9. Meg and Simon from The Others series. This isn’t heavy romance and it doesn’t really hit a good romantic point til the very end, but the growth is slow and sweet!
10. Chise and Elias from Ancient Magus’ Bride (Manga now anime). This story hurts my heart, but also warms it that they care for each other like they do.