Hello everyone and welcome to this top five list. I love urban fantasy and I really enjoy when they feature werecreatures. Now, I say werecreatures and not just werewolves because some of these books feature other types of weres like werejaguars! Cool, right? I think so. Take a look below and see what you think! Note: These are adult fiction books and can contain explicit content.
- The Change of Heart Series by Mary Calmes. These are the werepanthers! It’s a five part book series and totally worth the read. It is sold as a romance series and it is, but it’s so much more than that. These werepanthers have a whole culture and history all of their own. That become more apparent later in the series.
Diversity Note: This story is based on a gay couple.
2. The Green Creek series by TJ Klune. I’ve already review this series when I first started my blog, but I really can’t recommend it enough. The story contains werewolves and kept me on the edge of my seat.
Diversity Note: This story is based on a gay couple
3. The Others Series by Anne Bishop. This book contains a variety of weres though I use the term loosely here. Crows, coyotes, bears, and wolves are all within this series. This series takes the stereotype of werecreature and turns it on its head. I love the world, the characters, everything about it.
Diversity note: I would consider Meg neurodivergent. She has some sensory issues very unique to her character.
4. The Mercy Thompson Series by Patricia Briggs. I’m not sure if there are many fans of werewolves that haven’t heard of this series. Mercy is a werecoyote mechanic that has a habit of getting herself into trouble.
Diversity note: Mercy is native american.
5. The Thirds Series by Charlie Cochet. This is a series based on people in a specialized police force. This includes werecats. If you like high stakes and some suspense this is a good choice for you.
Diversity note: This features a gay couple.